רשומות פופולריות

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Vegan and low-carbohydrate: nobody cares about your diet.

FULLMETAL.JPG

There is a saying, opinions are like belly buttons, everyone-in fact, is part of the different bodies, most South. This is especially true when it comes to diet.

I've been blogging about health and food for nearly five years. Initially, I blog for a bias views (unfortunately), promote vegan agenda from a "guru". I am not vegan, never have been.

Today I blog more objectively. Some diet food-Blog readers would disagree, saying that I am a vegetarian agenda. I do. I'm not even vegetarian. I eat mainly fruit and vegetables and no meat, poultry, dairy products or eggs, but I eat fish. To be honest, my diet is Mediterranean more than anything else.

In my time spent blogging on diet - which seems like an eternity - I met lots of different, contrary, and downright radical views. When you blog about a way of life vegetarian (as I have too many years), you get lots of tree-huggers and hippies singing: "at low producers of meat, dairy and beef cattle." Eat more kale! And save the whales!

What this results from? Reaction of opinion opposed; people pro-Meat. In most cases, it is the Atkins low carbohydrate folks. And I have had my fair share of backlash, especially when I was paid to shill. "You idiot," they cry, "humans are hunters. We are supposed to only eat meat. The Masai live a hundred on nothing but blood, guts and offal. OH and screw whales! »

Here's my point. Vegans and, in the absence of a better term, "low-carbers", represent a very small portion of the population. Two ways of life are radical and too restrictive for the average American. People like to eat all sorts of things, for better or for worse.

A peeved off vegan or low carber, it's like the guy standing in Times Square, shouting in a megaphone "sinners, the world ends." You must repent! "Yes, it is there, make a fuss, but no one is listening.

Now why bring this? Well, this week, the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) has published the 2010 Dietary Guidelines for Americans, and I already saw it taking criticism of our two radical groups. There too many grains and not enough beef for low-carbers and his earthy-crisp pas, uber-veggie enough for vegans.

The bulk of new guidelines said, "Meet the new boss, same as the old boss." Responsible for USDA are encouraging people to always enjoy their food, but consume with moderation and keep rates more healthy: nutritional density of foods such as vegetables, fruits, whole grains, fat or low fat milk and dairy, seafood, lean meats and poultry, eggs, beans and peas and nuts and seeds. Also, old fashion advice ensures: limit saturated fat, fast food and refined sugar and candies. No duh.

But guess what folks — pay attention vegan and low-carbers - these guidelines are the best, the Government can do, period.

The vast majority of people eating some this and others which includes meat, cereals, fruits and vegetables. Perhaps because we are omnivores. But if you choose to be a radical, vegan or low carb, go right to it, just don't expect lead a "food revolution". Your diet "revolutionary" (usually told by some greedy guru of fame, aspiring "health") will never be the standard. National healthcare organizations will never support reform which advocates only fruits and vegetables and no meat or vise - versa.

Government health agencies have treat masses and masses such as meat, dairy products, fruits, vegetables, candies, grain of salt, refined, whole grains, restore fast and everything else out there. USDA seeks to strike a balance that will inspire hope that the majority of Americans to eat better.

Nobody cares a handful of big mouth vegan and low-carbers. Official guidelines for diet includes still all kinds of foods – get over it.

Image credit: wizkid1


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment