רשומות פופולריות

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Obese Man Gains weight to qualify for the surgery

weight loss surgery.jpg

"the simpsons" fans may remember the episode (towards the mid-1990s) when Homer decides to put on weight it can go on disability.

In addition, a man in the UK attempts similar to qualify for Bariatric Surgery feat.

Darin McCloud weighs 127 kg (279 lbs), but the local health authorities only examine him from gastric bypass surgery if it weighs 133 292 lbs and has a 45 (BMI) body mass index.

McCloud said it was eating ¾ of a loaf of bread, 4 packages of French fries and bacon rolls on a daily basis to try to reach his goal weight.

Man 5'7 "has gained about 15 pounds to achieve a BMI of 43.5."

Operation help me stop being about insulin and help me with my other problem... I have had diabetes for the better part of 15 years and I am absolutely afraid of being a burden on my family in the future - but I still eat, and that I do my head.

Frankly, I have badly to get my head around this one myself. I'm not here to judge, but it is to hear that this man feels as if it was his only option. Even more is that this situation has become a microcosm of society - the easiest route, rather than the more sensitive search.

Interestingly, the McCloud doctor is on board with this plan, oddly declaring

Darin has done all he can do and the problem is if it does not have surgery soon lose his job and add further complications to his diabetes.
I can honestly say that if faced with a similar dilemma, it would be tempting to choose a winner of 13 pounds vs. losing 80 + books. But, as I alluded to before, it is unfortunate that we have reached a point where we think medicine modern will save us all our bad choices.

You could make the argument that the system is biased, but ultimately, this situation points to an issue of wider society.

Image credit:. Bariatric gastric surgery


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment